Cheap as Chips work hard to make sure that your purchases are quality products at great prices.
Effective Date: 1 August 2023
Note: With effect from 1 August 2023, we will be changing our Cheap as Chips Refund and Returns Policy. Accordingly, this updated Cheap as Chips Returns Policy will apply from 1 August 2023.
The prior Cheap as Chips Refund and Returns Policy applies until 31 July 2023 and will then be replaced by this Cheap as Chips Returns Policy.
At Cheap as Chips, we strive to provide our customers with high-quality products and excellent customer service. We understand that sometimes, despite our best efforts, you may not be completely satisfied with your purchase. Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Cheap as Chips customers are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund if a product purchased does not meet one of the basic rights, known as consumer guarantees, where:
- the product is faulty; or
- the product is vastly different from and does not match the description or sample; or
- the product cannot be used for its normal purpose; or
- the product was not in stock at the time of purchase online; or
- the product cannot be fixed within a reasonable time; and
- you can present a Cheap as Chips register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
Cheap as Chips customers are not entitled to a repair, replacement or refund in accordance with consumer guarantees if:
- you change your mind; or
- found the product cheaper somewhere else; or
- the product was advertised cheaper by Cheap as Chips after the date of purchase; or
- the problem with the product was caused by customer misuse; or
- you knew or were made aware of the problem with the product before it was purchased; and
- you are unable to present a Cheap as Chips register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
You have the right to return a product if you think there is a problem, however you are responsible for returning products that can be posted or easily returned.
Cheap as Chips reserves the right to assess the age and condition of any returned goods before approving a repair, replacement or refund.
Cheap as Chips may also request that you take a product purchased online to your closest store to be assessed, if it is appropriate and you are happy to do so.
Where possible, items should be returned in their original packaging, and the customer should:
- keep proof of purchase for postage or transport costs. If Cheap as Chips confirms that a returned product does have a problem, we will reimburse you for any reasonable return costs you have already paid; and
- wrap the product so they are well protected during delivery; and
- take care of products intended for return – for example, it would be inappropriate to leave products outside until you can return it.
Cheap as Chips will organise the return of products when:
- the product is too large, heavy or difficult to remove:
- the fault means it is too dangerous, or the products are too fragile to return without an experts help.
- White goods such as washing machines, dryers and fridges.
An authorised technician will need to assess the problem with the product before a repair, replacement or refund can be approved.
Assessment of a product with a potential problem can take up to five (5) working days depending on the complexity of the issue.
Repairs may be offered on the following types of products sold by Cheap as Chips by an authorised technician:
- White goods such as washing machines, dryers and fridges.
The repair of products may result in the loss of any user-generated data. Please ensure that you have made a copy of any data saved on your products.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
To request a repair on a product purchased, you must:
- provide a Cheap as Chips register receipt, tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase.
Replacements are only offered on a product that Cheap as Chips confirms has a fault, is different from or does not match the description or sample, cannot be used for its normal purpose, or cannot be fixed within a reasonable time.
Replacements can be requested in store, or online via the Contact Us Returns Request Form at www.cheapaschips.com.au/pages/contact-us.
To approve a replacement on product purchased, you must:
- provide a Cheap as Chips register receipt, tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase; and
- present physical or photo evidence of the fault; and/or
- an authorised technician has confirmed the fault; and
- be able to accept payment using your original payment method.
Refunds are only offered on a product that Cheap as Chips confirms has a fault, is different from or does not match the description or sample, cannot be used for its normal purpose, or cannot be fixed within a reasonable time.
If Cheap as Chips confirms that a product has a problem, a replacement product will be offered to you in the first instance. Cheap as Chips may also offer to repair or refund the product depending on the product problem and the customer’s preference.
If a product purchased online is deemed to not be in stock and/ or available within a reasonable time, Cheap as Chips will notify you and issue a refund for the out of stock product purchased.
If you fail to collect your Click & Collect Order within the collection period (14 days after receipt of the ready for collection notification) we may cancel the Click & Collect order. This will result in the refund of the products purchased.
Refunds can be requested in store, or online via the Contact Us Returns Request Form at www.cheapaschips.com.au/pages/contact-us.
Some online and Click & Collect orders can be refunded in store if the original payment method was made with one of the following:
- Credit/ Debit card
Refunds are typically processed within 5 to 10 business days after the product has been received, assessed and approved for a refund.
Partial refunds may be offered on a product purchased with a minor fault where:
Cheap as Chips understands that when buying a product sometimes you buy the wrong one – for example, the DVD was the wrong one, the toy was the wrong action figure or the wrong size or colour track pants.
In this instance customers are entitled to an exchange on a product purchased for another product only if:
- you are exchanging for a like product; and
- you are exchanging for the same value or willing to pay the difference on a more expensive like item; and
- the exchange request is within 28 Days; and
- you provide a Cheap as Chips register receipt, tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase; and
the product being exchanged is in re-saleable condition meaning that:
- it is in its original unopened packaging with tags, including instructions manuals and all accessories; and
- in the case of DVD’s, CD’s and internet connected electronic devices, the original plastic wrapping or security seal sticker securing the product is closed and intact; and
- is unworn with original tags; and
- is not a product listed in the products where an exchange is not available (see below)
If these requirements are not met, Cheap as Chips reserves the right to refuse an exchange of the product purchased.
Cheap as Chips will not accept the return of an item for exchange from the following categories under any circumstances:
- pierced jewellery
- gift cards
- face masks
- perishable goods such as plants and food
- personal care products (for example toothbrushes, shavers, etc)
- pet beds (where the tags are removed and have been clearly used)
- Bedding and accessories (for example, mattresses, quilts, and pillow protectors, etc., where the seal and/or packaging has been opened)
- items that have a tag that accompanies the product that states no exchange
- Clearance items
Please note the cost to return items for exchange that are not faulty are at your own expense. If exchanging an item online, you are also responsible for the postage/ transport of the exchanged product being sent back to you.
PROOF OF PURCHASE
Refunds, repairs, replacements and exchanges must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- Register receipt (EFTPOS receipts will not be accepted); or
- Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted); or
- Financial statements such as a bank statement, credit card statement (however, when the proof of purchase does not clearly itemise the products, more than one type of proof of purchase may be required); or
Online proof of purchase from Afterpay, Zip and PayPal statements.
Some Cheap as Chips products have a manufacturer’s warranty as indicated in the documentation provided with the relevant products. Should you wish to make a claim under a manufacturer’s warranty please contact our management staff in store or contact us online via the Contact Us Returns Request Form at www.cheapaschips.com.au/pages/contact-us.
DAMAGED OR INCORRECT PRODUCT DELIVERED
If your order is damaged in transit or we have shipped the incorrect product, please contact Cheap as Chips straight away with your order number and further details of the issue and we will investigate this for you.
MARKETPLACE RETURNS/ EXCHANGES
Marketplace purchases should be returned by contacting the relevant third party Seller named on your order confirmation directly.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT www.cheapaschips.com.au/pages/contact-us OR 08 8150 1400