Terms and Conditions of Use of this Web Site
You agree that:
You accept these terms and conditions by accessing or using any part of this site after the first time you visit a page providing a link to them. You then confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions (as varied from time to time) each time you access any part of this site.
These terms and conditions form a legally binding agreement between you and Palcove PTY LTD ("cheap as Chips ", "we" or "us") governing your use of this site. You are welcome to print a copy for your records.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will need to exit this site immediately.
A reference to "these terms and conditions" also includes all other instructions, terms or conditions concerning the use of this site or any part of it.
A reference to "this site" means the web site at http://www.cheapaschips.com or www.cheapaschips.com.au
Use of this site
You may use and copy the information on this site for personal reference only. You agree that you will not use it for any purposes that are commercial, unlawful or may prejudice the reputation or interests of Palcove PTY LTD. “Unlawful” use includes activities such as fraud, the posting of defamatory or offensive material, infringement of the rights of others and failure to comply with any legislation.
You must not hack into, change or otherwise interfere with the operation of this site or any information contained within it. This includes knowingly transmitting a virus or other damaging item to this site.
You must not provide a link to this site without our prior written permission.
This website is provided "as is", so you use it entirely at your own risk. We try to ensure that all information contained on this site is correct at the time of inclusion.
You are responsible for your use of this site, and fully indemnify us in respect of any use that we have not expressly authorised.
Copyright and trade marks
The site contains copyright material, brand names and other trade marks that are protected by law. You should assume that all names, images and logos are trade marks of PALCOVE PTY LTD or third parties, and that all content on this site is subject to copyright. Except as expressly authorised, the use of any material on this site (including reproduction, modification, distribution, republication, display or communication of any kind) is strictly prohibited.
This site contains links to third party sites. We are not responsible for the operation, security levels, content or any other aspect of any third party sites. Links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate our endorsement of any third party sites or the products or services provided, advertised or otherwise mentioned on those sites.
All websites of PALCOVE PTY LTD businesses, and all products or services offered by those businesses, have their own terms and conditions. Please ensure that you read the applicable terms and conditions when you enter and use these sites.
Except to the extent required by law, you agree that PALCOVE PTY LTD, its related corporations and their directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, service providers, successors or assigns will not be liable for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site or any site linked to it. This limitation applies to all direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses you or others may suffer, including for loss of profits, business interruption or loss or corruption of data or information.
If we provide any goods or services via this site and are in breach of a condition or warranty which is implied by law and cannot be excluded, our liability (and that of the other persons listed above) is limited, to the maximum extent possible, to one of the following at our option:
the supply of goods or services again;
the repair of goods; or
the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
This site is designed for use by Australian residents. Your use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Australia (including the Federal Court of Australia).
This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. Without limiting any of the above terms and conditions, we make no representations that the content of this site complies with the laws, including intellectual property laws, of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in each place where you access the site or where anything you publish or upload can be accessed.
Variations to terms and conditions
These are the current terms and conditions. We may at any time vary these terms and conditions by posting the varied terms and conditions on this site. You agree that this provides you with sufficient notice of the variation. If any variations are made that will adversely affect you, we will try to give you as much prior notice as possible. However, all variations are effective from the time of posting unless stated otherwise.
We will make every attempt to deliver Products as soon as possible. You acknowledge that any delivery timeframes provided are estimates only, and actual delivery times may vary. We are not responsible or liable to you or any other person for any delay, late delivery or failure to deliver. Where practicable, we will provide you with notice of such delay as soon as reasonably possible.
Cheap as Chips cannot guarantee that when an order is placed online that the stock is available within a reasonable timeframe unless guaranteed elsewhere, therefore should this be the case, Cheap as Chips will issue a refund of the products purchased.
1. Acknowledge and agree that any person at the Delivery Address who receives the Products is authorised by you to receive your Order;
2. Will ensure that, in the case of Restricted Products, the person authorised by you to receive your Order is over the required age as prescribed by law or as otherwise set out in these terms and conditions; and
3. Agree to comply with the delivery requirements specified below and such other requirements that we notify you when you place your Order through the Site.
Unless you provide an express authorisation to leave a product at the delivery address if no one is present to accept delivery, an appropriate person must be present to accept the delivery of your Order.
If you authorise us or our carrier to leave a product at the delivery address when no one is present to accept delivery, you:
1. Accept the risk of theft or loss of the Product from the time it is delivered; and
2. Acknowledge that, notwithstanding your authorisation, the person delivering the Product has discretion whether to leave the Product at the address.
We may require the person accepting the delivery of your Order to:
1. Provide us with proof of that person’s identity (including photographic identification) and, where relevant, age. If the Order has been paid by credit card, then we may also ask you to show us the credit card for us to conduct our verification checks; and
2. Where relevant, provide us with proof that the consents referred to under the “Restricted Products” section of these terms and conditions have been obtained.
If there is no appropriate person (for example, above 18 years old for Restricted Products or no one where you have not provided authorisation to leave a Product) at the Delivery Address to receive the Order or you are unable to show us the credit card for us to conduct verification checks, then our carrier will not deliver the Products you have ordered. In this instance, we will endeavour to contact you or you may contact us to arrange for delivery at a different time, and we may charge you an additional Delivery Fee for the redelivery.
We will not deliver a Restricted Product to a person who is unable to prove that he or she is over the required age as prescribed by law or as otherwise set out in these terms and conditions. In this instance, we will cancel the Order and refund any amounts paid for that Order under these terms and conditions (excluding the Delivery Fee).
You may pay the fees and charges for an accepted Order with any of the following payment methods and such other payment methods as specified on the Site from time to time:
Debit cards displaying a Visa or Mastercard logo; and or
Afterpay, subject to Afterpay’s terms; and
Zip, subject to Zip’s terms;
If we are unable to successfully process your nominated payment method (being the applicable debit card, credit card, gift card, PayPal, Afterpay or Zip payment) for an Order that has been accepted by us, then we may cancel your Order.
If you choose to pay by credit card, you authorise us to debit the amount that is payable from your nominated credit card for an accepted Order.
You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for Products through any fraudulent or unlawful means.
We will provide you with a receipt at time of delivery which specifies the total fees and charges for the Products in the Order.
Fees and Charges
We will charge you, and you agree to pay the purchase price of each Product that is ordered, the Delivery Fee and any other fees and charges set out in these terms and conditions.
All prices and Delivery Fees on the Site are in Australian dollars (AU$). We reserve the right to alter prices and Delivery Fees for any reason at any time before you place your Order. Product availability and Product prices may vary between Cheap as Chips stores, catalogues and those found on this Site.
Cheap as Chips will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or any delay in performance of, obligations under its contract with you where such failure or delay is caused by an event outside the reasonable control of Cheap as Chips.
The purchase price of each Product is shown on the product list on the Site at the time you place your Order. The purchase price of a Product on the Site may not be the same or correspond to the prices in our stores for the same Product and we are not obliged to match any prices.
We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to and use of the Site and (where relevant) your account if you breach these terms and conditions and:
1. The breach cannot be remedied; or
2.You fail to remedy the breach within 10 days of our notice to you of that breach; or
3.If there is an emergency.
We may stop making the Site (or any part of it) available without prior notice. If so, any Orders that we have accepted will not be affected unless the Products that have been ordered are no longer available or we are prevented from supplying the Products, in which case, we will notify you and we will refund to you all valid payments received by us for those Products.
You may cancel your account at any time for any reason provided that:
1. Any outstanding matters are resolved (such as a suspension on your account); and
2. You have paid all outstanding amounts owed by you.
Online only promotions
Cheap as Chips may from time to time offer promotions that only apply when placing the order through our website and may not apply to transactions in our physical shops. Any promotions of this nature will be advertised on the website, if it is available in-store then it will also be advertised in-store. Purchasing a product in-store does not entitle you to receive any differences between the prices you paid and the website promotion.
Terms and Condition changes
We may, at our discretion, amend these terms and conditions at any time by publishing any amended terms and conditions on our Site.
If you have an Order that has been accepted by us, the terms and conditions that will apply to the Order are the terms and conditions that applied at the time you placed your Order.
For any future Orders, these terms and conditions may be different and so we recommend that you read these terms and conditions carefully each time you agree to them prior to placing your Order.
Terms & Conditions "Free Shipping" and "Free Express Shipping".
Free shipping for standard OR express delivery is limited to delivery orders where the cost to deliver do not exceed $50 as per the rates set by the available carrier. These rates or carrier chosen are subject to change and are calculated based on weight, handling costs and distance to your location to deliver from our fulfillment locations.
Cheap as Chips reserve the right to offer or not to offer free shipping as to their own discresion.
Terms & Conditions Spend Save Shop March 2020
OFFER: [IN-STORE ONLY] Spend $75 or more and receive $10 voucher to spend on your next shop.
The offer is available from the opening of trade on 15th April 2020 until further notice.
To redeem the $10 voucher you must present the ENTIRE ORIGNAL RECEIPT WHICH STATES THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE DETAILS. PHOTOCOPIES AND PHOTO’S OF THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Each $10 voucher may only be redeemed once.
Each $10 voucher must be redeemed in its entirety in one transaction. No change given.
Only one $10 voucher can be redeemed per transaction.
The minimum spend of $75 must be made in one transaction to claim the $10 voucher on the bottom of the original receipt, after all discounts and MultiBuys have been applied.
The $10 voucher is valid 8 weeks from date of purchase of $75 or more on orignal receipt.
The $10 voucher is not redeemable for cash and cannot be used to purchase gift cards.
The $10 voucher cannot be redeemed against a prior purchase.
The $10 voucher cannot be redeemed if the items within the receipt have been returned meaning the original purchase becomes less than $75.
The $10 voucher is not available in conjunction with any other offer, unless otherwise stated.
Redeemable in all CHEAP AS CHIPS DISCOUNT VARIETY stores.
This policy applies to any personal information you may provide to us.
By giving your personal information to Cheap as Chips, you are consenting to our use of that information in accordance with this policy. We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time. Any updates of this Policy can be accessed via our website.
Cheap as Chips reserve the right to identify individual users or their browsing activities in the event that it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of criminal law. In the case of the latter, we will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act regarding the limits and protocols associated with disclosure of personal information.
Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information that we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us. The information may include any or all of the following:
Name, address(es), telephone number (s) and other contact details;
Payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
Standard employment information for recruitment purposes;
Other personal information required to provide our services; and
Transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits.
We will also collect your date of birth (and driver’s licence number) where required (e.g. to comply with legal requirements).
We may collect sensitive information by only if you agree to provide it to us. If you agree to provide us with sensitive information, we will only use it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly for you, such as:
When you submit information through our website;
When you submit information via our social media sites and smartphone applications;
When you enter into a promotion conducted by us or a third party;
When you complete a survey or provide feedback;
When you order goods or services;
In the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
When you have other dealings with us.
We collection personal information through;
Our related bodies corporate;
Our business partners; and
Third parties who supply services to us.
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We will collection personal information for the following purposes:
To establish and maintain your relationship with us;
To provide the products and services you have requested from us;
To register you for events and promotions;
To assist us to make our services and products more valuable or useful to you;
To answer any inquiry you make; or
To screen your suitability for a job.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or service you have requested or are interested in, such as:
Manufacturers and suppliers;
Marketing consultants and promotions companies; and
Consultants and professional advisers.
We will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
Our related bodies corporate.
The direct marketing may relate to:
Our products and services;
The products and services of other parties;
Promotions run by us or other parties; or
New developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In doing so, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclose. Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy personal information when we no longer need it.
The internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, other than where we use secure socket lay technology (SSL) to ensure information is securely transmitted and processed, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Do we send personal information overseas?
We will not transfer your information outside of Australia.
How you can access your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact our Privacy Officer.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manager personal information.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We may collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
How to contact us or make a complaint
The Privacy Officer
149 Holbrooks Road
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issue resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
This policy will be reviewed from time to time to take into account any changes to laws and technology, and changes to our operations and practices.
From time to time we may need to issue a product recall as we take the safety of all our customers very seriously.
If a product is recalled you will find the information on this page with details on the product and steps to take to return this product.
For further information on product safety the Product Safety Section of the ACCC has overall policy responsibility for monitoring the conduct and outcomes of consumer goods safety recalls in Australia
For consumer information regarding recall of products in Australia please visit their website product recalls Australia.
The images and colours of the products are a guide only and may not be totally representative of the actual product.
The product stock levels for each store are correct as of the date & time on each product page. Should you not be able to purchase the goods or services via this website, we cannot be responsible for stock being sold out when you arrive in store.
Should the goods or services not be available once an order has been placed, Cheap as Chips reserve the right to cancel your order and refund the value of the transaction to the previously used payment method. Cheap as Chips do not accept liability for any other costs other than the value of the transaction which goods and services cannot be provided.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure our stores have sufficient stock, there are short periods whereby they are mid-delivery and thus may not have it in stock when you call.
Products and services offered on this website may include assorted goods. Due to the nature of Assorted Goods, (asst, assort, asstd) Cheap as Chips cannot guarantee the variation of product selected and will be provided at random.
‘WIN a $1,000 FATHER’S DAY PRIZE PACK’ TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Promotion is the ‘Win a $1,000 Father’s Day Prize Pack’.
- By taking part in this Promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged. The winner will be awarded based upon individual creative merit of their answer to the following question “What is your best Dad joke?” for your chance to win! (25 words or less)”.
- All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
The Promoter of the competition is Palcove Pty Ltd ABN 46 055 118 404 trading as Cheap as Chips of 149 Holbrooks Road, Underdale, SA 5032, phone 08 8150 1400 (Promoter).
- Entry is open to residents of South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales over the age of 18 years old.
- Directors, Employees and contractors of Palcove Pty Ltd ABN 46 055 118 404 trading as Cheap as Chips or their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
- Immediate Family members include: 6..1 Spouse or de-facto partner 6..2 Children or step children.
- To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the online entry form answering all questions and therefore agree to sign up to the promoter’s email list.
- In the event of a dispute, the Promoter may determine, in its absolute discretion, whether a person is an eligible entrant.
How to Enter
- The competition entry form can be found on Cheap as Chips Facebook Page, or via www.cheapaschips.com.
- To enter the Promotion, complete the online entry form on the Promotion Website, Including the following information:
-Local CAC store
- Read the terms of the Promotion on the Promotion Website (being these Terms and Conditions);
- One entry is permitted per person/valid email address.
- Winner is required to provide photo identification within the time required by the Promoter, to claim the prize.
- Winner prizes are non-transferable/refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Winner is required to pick up the prize pack from their closest Cheap as Chips store within the time required by the Promoter, to claim the prize.
- The prize pack includes to following products:
- The total value of the Winner prize is $1,000.28.
- The Promotion Period is from 18th August 2021 and closes on 5th September 2021.
- To be eligible for entry into prize draw, the online entry must be received by 11.59pm (CST) by 5th September 2021. All Valid Entries received by this date will be eligible for the Prize.
Promotion Prize Draw
- Winner will be drawn on the 10th September 2021. The winner will be contacted by Cheap as Chips of 149 Holbrooks Road, Underdale, SA 5032.
- The Winner will have until the 31st October 2021 to collect their prize pack from their nominated Cheap as Chips store. The winner will need to provide photo identification to collect the prize.
- If the Winner fails to claim their prize by 6.00pm (CST) on the 31st October 2021, the prize will be deemed as ‘unclaimed’ and the Promoter may redraw a further winning entry.
Notification of Winners
- The Winner will be contacted by telephone and notified in writing by email within 48 hours of the date of the applicable draw and advised of the relevant prize.
Publication of Winners
- The name and locality of the winner will be published on the Promoter’s website, Facebook page and Instagram account.
Use of information
- Each entrant in the Promotion consents to the Promoter using all information provided in the on-line entry form to contact the entrant about their win and to publishing that information in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete or incorrect entries will be deemed invalid and will not qualify as Valid Entries. Entrants are responsible for ensuring their correct details are provided to the Promoter for each purpose under these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries are deemed received at the time of receipt into the Promoter's database, not the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The values stated in these Terms and Conditions are in AUD and include GST.To the extent permitted by law the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to) direct or consequential loss or for personal injury as a result of the prize.If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, the Promoter reserves the right, to the extent permitted by law, to modify, terminate or cancel the Promotion, subject to instruction from a relevant authority.
- The Cheap as Chips Stores participating in the Promotion are: